DEMECH has been one of the pioneers in India to manufacture and supply Drag Chain conveyor/En-mass Chain conveyor/Spillage Chain conv (Long length)/Scrapper chain conv (Wide).
Slow moving chains in these conveyors influence the material to move gently through a closed duct in a horizontal or even in steeply inclined profiles. These can handle virtually any type of bulk material in an environmentally safe way due to its dust-tight and spill proof, totally enclosed construction. These conveyors are heavy duty and made of rugged construction. The conveying profile can vary from horizontal to near vertical direction. The material is conveyed with ‘En-masse’ effect or ‘Drag’ effect. En-Masse conveyors provide a cost advantage due to their low power consumption, compact size & low maintenance requirements.
DEMECH uses its own brand of drop forged chains. But conveyors with roller pin chains or round link chains can also be designed if the client requirement demands so. The company has previously supplied Chain conveyers from 2 to 350 TPH with casing width varying from 200 mm to 1250 mm and length up to 155 meters.
Chain elevators are an excellent alternative for pneumatic systems where moisture percentage in the material to be handled is upto 30 % and where pneumatic systems fail. DEMECH can provide a combination system which includes mechanical conveying using chain conveyors followed by pneumatic conveying to achieve long distance transfer of bulk material.
- DEMECH Chain conveyors are custom designed to suit the bulk material to be handled. For given operating parameter like speed, Bulk density, capacity, length, inclination, Temperature etc. For a chain conveyor, it is the material properties which decide whether the conveying will be with ‘En-masse’ effect or ‘Drag’ effect. DEMECH’s vast experience in this field ensures that the conveyor is designed to operate at optimum efficiency by proper selection of speed, type of chain & flight etc.
- The conveyors are designed with single or multiple numbers of inlet and discharge openings provided at the required locations along the conveyor path.
- The conveyors are manufactured according to applications using Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel or other such material with various types of lining.
- DEMECH chains are made of alloy steel drop forgings. They are machined and heat treated to achieve desired strength and hard outer surface to withstand wear due to abrasion.
- Sprockets suitable for the forged chains are also manufactured by DEMECH in Carbon Steel and Alloy Carbon Steel which are case hardened for longer life.
- Flights of different shapes and construction are welded or bolted to the chain links as per following drawings.
- DEMECH chain conveyor can handle temperature up to 750 Deg C